The new SPX 5500 is the culmination of Cobra’s over 30 years of experience in building quality, high-performance, detectors. The game changing SPX Series nearly doubles the detection range, and warning time, of previous models Cobra uses the latest technology, military grade components, and the best design practices in the world to pack this phenomenal performance into a sleek detector nearly half the size of other detectors in the market. Super-fast sweep circuitry provides extra detection range and the best possible advance warning to all radar laser guns currently used in the United States and Canada, including POP Mode Super-fast Instant-on Radar guns. DigiView Text Display provides clear indication of the signal being detected as well as current mode of the detector. Other features include Voice Tone Alert, Signal Strength Meter, LaserEye, IntelliMute IntelliMute Pro, VG-2 Spectre Radar Detector-Detectors, Safety Alert, Auto Manual Mute, Dim Modes, City Highway Filtering Modes, and Ku-band detection.
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- Ultra-low-noise, signal amplifiers that once were affordable only to military systems
- Low-microwave-loss circuitry utilizing gold-plated circuit boards
- Use of flip-chip Mixer/Multiplier diodes in packages that were once unattainable
- First Local Oscillator Transistor (Super-low-noise, high-mobility J-FET) that has been chosen to optimize signal gain, output power, and low noise characteristics over its frequency range