The Connex 3400 is the next evolution of the Connex 3300, a 10-meter radio known for its power. The 3400 keeps the same high power, but adds new visual features for a richer user experience. It has a larger square meter than the 3300, and a user-controllable color changing display. Also new is the front speaker jack; with a speaker jack on the front (plus on the back, as with the 3300), you’ll have no problems getting an external speaker plugged in.
- Variable microphone gain allows you complete control over your transmitted audio level. Variable RF power: Dial-a-watt control allows AM carrier adjustments from 2W to 10W.
- Red, green, purple, blue, and cyan back-lighting completely controllable by you. Extra large meter that’s easy to read, day or night.
- AM/FM/PA Modes. Connex board echo: The classic echo sound. HML dimmer: With the dim control set to low, the lights are actually dim. Night mode keeps the radio from distracting you at night. Antenna warning light protects the radio against high SWR by alerting you to problems.
- Instant Channel 19: Quickly jump between channel 19 and any other channel of your choosing. Switchable Roger Beep.
- Front-mounted microphone jack. Front speaker jack: With a speaker jack on the front and the back of the radio, you’ll have no problems getting an external speaker plugged in.