Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA) wires do not follow the American Wire Gauge standard (AWG).
AWG is developed for electrical resistance classification of Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) wires. High current application specifying AWG standard assumes the wire is OFC.
Same conductor area CCA has higher resistance than OFC making AWG classification invalid. CCA wires are developed for low current applications (e. g. passing signals). As a rule of thumb, reduce CCA gauge size by 2 to achieve similar electrical resistance as OFC wires.
For selection of OFC wires using AWG standards, visit www.amazon.com/GSPOWER
- 6 rolls of 16 Ga primary wires in 100 ft spool. Color Set: Red, Black, Blue, Yellow, White, Purple
- Single Conductor, Stranded Copper Clad Aluminum (0.2 mm dia/strand, 36 strands) Insulated and Jacketed in flexible PVC. Rated to 105 C
- Perfect for 12 V Automotive Audio Radio Speaker, Home Theater, boat, LED strip light (6 to 80 volt )
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT use for building/household 110/220V ac wiring
- Visit WWW.AMAZON.COM/GSPOWER for all you wiring needs