Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA) wires do not follow the American Wire Gauge standard (AWG).
AWG is developed for electrical resistance classification of Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) wires. High current application specifying AWG standard assumes the wire is OFC.
Same conductor area CCA has higher resistance than OFC making AWG classification invalid. CCA wires are developed for low current applications (e. g. signal processing). As a rule of thumb, reduce CCA gauge size by 2 to achieve similar electrical resistance as OFC wires.
For selection of OFC wires using AWG standards, visit www.amazon.com/GSPOWER
- 4 rolls of 18 Ga primary wire in 100 ft spool. Color Set: Red, Black, Blue, Yellow
- Single Conductor, Stranded Copper Clad Aluminum (0.2 mm dia/strand, 17 strands). Insulated and Jacketed in flexible PVC. Rated to 105 C
- Perfect for 12 V Automotive, Car Radio Audio, Boat, Home Theater, Trailer Wiring (6 to 80 volts)
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT use for building / household 110 / 220 V ac wiring
- For more wire selections, visit WWW.AMAZON.COM/GSPOWER